Post-menopause, it is not uncommon to experience vaginal atrophy due to decreased estrogen levels, which can cause itching, decreased secretions during sexual activity, and pain with intercourse. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, there is no need to suffer in silence — Garrison Women’s Health offers same-day vaginitis services that will get you back to being you. The MonaLisa Touch (MLT) is a fractional C02 laser that can be used to treat vaginal atrophy, pain with sexual intercourse, and lichen sclerosus.
- MLT is a well-studied laser and has been accepted by experts in female pelvic health around the world.
- A device for gynecologic use, the MLT delivers laser energy to tissue. This is followed by the body’s natural healing response.
- The fractional laser technology within the MLT device has proprietary stacking technology, which is a repetitive firing of the laser with more concentrated energy to target deeper levels of the tissue.
- It is non-hormonal & chemical-free.
What to Expect
- This non-surgical procedure is performed at the Garrison office during a routine outpatient appointment—it only takes five minutes!
- The procedure typically requires no anesthesia and most patients resume their routines within a few days of the procedure.
- Side effects are typically mild or unnoticeable in most cases. However, you could experience the following:
- Mild pinpoint spotting or bleeding
- Pink, brown or watery discharge
- Redness, swelling, or inflammation
- Tenderness, itching, irritation, burning upon urination
- Vaginal discomfort
Be sure to discuss any concerns with your provider.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this procedure covered by insurance?
No, this procedure is not covered by insurance. Please call our office at 603-742-0101 to learn more about pricing.
How long until I can have sex after the procedure?
It may be recommended that you wait approximately 2-3 days for any contact in the lased area.
How long will it last?
Everyone is unique and our skin ages pre- and post-procedure. Prior to the procedure, you and your physician will review your needs and expectations.
It’s time to feel like yourself again.